The following recipe is based on Mary Berry's flapjack recipe, and I have adapted it into a healthy, vegan treat. You can put whatever you like into flapjack, just have a rummage in your cupboards!
- 8oz vegan margarine
- 8oz demerara sugar (I didn't have any so used dark brown soft sugar instead and it turned out really well!)
- 3oz golden syrup
- 10oz porridge oats
- 2-3 handfuls mixed seeds
- 1-2 handfuls finely chopped dried apricots
- Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C Fan/Gas 3. Grease a traybake or roasting tin.
- Melt margarine, sugar and syrup in a large pan over a low heat then stir in oats, seeds and apricots. Mix well and turn into prepared tin.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until pale golden brown. Leave to cool for 10 minutes. Mark into 24 squares and leave to finish cooling in the tin.