Lush have some new products out including their Mother's Day range, so I've compiled an updated list of their more natural products.
All of the products listed below are free from sodium laureth/lauryl sulphates and parabens (and are all vegan). These are two of the main ingredients that people choosing not to use harmful chemicals wish to avoid, since they have been linked to skin irritation and endocrine disruption respectively. There are other chemicals which some people may prefer to avoid, but others may not mind using, therefore I have included such products in my list but have noted what they contain in brackets so people can choose whether to use them or not. These ingredients are:
- Propylene glycol - possible irritant and is thought to enhance the absorption of other chemicals into the skin
- Talc - possible carcinogen
- Triethanolamine - skin, immune and respiratory toxin/allergen
- Lilial - synthetic scent ingredient that has been linked to allergies and contact dermatitis
- EDTA - widely considered as safe but could possibly enhance the absorption of other ingredients contained in a product
- Laureth 4 - possible skin and eye irritant
- Alpha-isomethyl ionone - possible human immune system toxicant or allergen; suspected to be an environmental toxin
- Octocrylene - UV filter that may cause skin allergies in some; can penetrate the skin and may potentially cause the formation of free radicals
- Octyl methoxycinnamate - UV filter linked to endocrine disruption.
If you think any other ingredients should be on this list then please let me know and I will add them in. Below is the product list correct as of February 2016 (let me know if you spot any I might've missed). I will aim to update this list whenever Lush add or remove any of their products.
- Sunrise Soap (EDTA)
- Rose Bombshell Bath Bomb.
- Sakura (lilial)
- Tisty Tosty
- Think Pink
- Blackberry (lilial)
- Sex Bomb (propylene glycol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, lilial)
- Ickle Baby Bot
- Big Blue.
- Razzle Dazzle (laureth 4, propylene glycol)
- Dreamtime (laureth 4)
- Floating Island (laureth 4)
- Mmmelting Marshmallow Moment (laureth 4, alpha-isomethyl ionone)
- Ceridwen's Cauldron (laureth 4)
- You've Been Mangoed (laureth 4).
- Putty for your Hands Hand Wash (talc)
- Mangnificent (EDTA, lilial)
- Lush Hippy (EDTA)
- Lush Gardener (EDTA)
- Grease Monkeys (EDTA, alpha-isomethyl ionone)
- Parsley Porridge (EDTA)
- Miranda (EDTA)
- Figs and Leaves (EDTA)
- Respect Your Elders (EDTA, alpha-isomethyl ionone)
- Layer Cake (EDTA)
- Maypole (EDTA)
- Devil's Nightcap (EDTA, alpha-isomethyl ionone)
- Sandstone (EDTA, lilial)
- Sultana of Soap (EDTA, lilial)
- Bohemian (EDTA)
- Pumice Power Foot Soap (EDTA).
- Lemon Sherbet Showder
- Candy Floss Showder (alpha-isomethyl ionone)
- Dreamwash Roulade Shower Smoothie (EDTA)
- Turkish Delight Roulade Shower Smoothie (EDTA, alpha-isomethyl ionone)
- Orange Roulade Shower Smoothie (EDTA, alpha-isomethyl ionone)
- Blueberry Roulade Shower Smoothie (EDTA)
- Enzymic Roulade Shower Smoothie (EDTA)
- Coconut Scrubby Roulade Shower Smoothie (EDTA)
- Life's a Beach Body Scrub Powder
- Ocean Salt Self-Preserving Face and Body Scrub
- Ocean Salt Self-Preserving & Alcohol-Free Face and Body Scrub
- Salted Coconut Hand Scrub
- African Paradise Body Conditioner (triethanolamine)
- The Sunblock Solid Sunscreen Wash - SPF 30 High (octocrylene, octyl methoxycinnamate)
- Buffy Body Butter
- King of Skin Body Butter.
- Movis Facial Soap
- Let the Good Times Roll (talc)
- Angels on Bare Skin
- Dark Angels
- Aqua Marina (lilial).
- Charity Pot (triethanolamine)
- Dream Cream Self-Preserving (triethanolamine).
- T for Toes Foot Powder
- Twinkle Toes Foot Powder (lilial)
- Foot Soak and Fancy Free.
- From Dusk 'Til Dawn
- Tender is the Night (lilial)
- Dirty (alpha-isomethyl ionone)
- Shades of Earl Grey
- Yes Yes Yes
- Each Peach (and Two's a Pear)
- Wiccy Magic Muscles
- Hottie (lilial)
- Pearl (propylene glycol)
- Shimmy Shimmy Shimmer Bar
- Black Stockings Solid Body Tint.
- The Guv'ner
- The Greeench
- Aromaco (propylene glycol).
- Lustre (talc)
- Silky Underwear
- Powdered Sunshine (octocrylene, octyl methoxycinnamate).
- Tea Tree Toner Tab
- Dream Steam Steamer Tab.
- Magical Moringa
- Full of Grace Serum Bar.
- Rosy Cheeks (lilial)
- Don't Look at Me
- Cup O'Coffee
- Catastrophe Cosmetic (alpha-isomethyl ionone).
Toothy Tabs & Powders
- Oral Pleasure (alpha-isomethyl ionone)
- Miles of Smiles
- Tooth Fairy
- Latte Lip Tint
- Strawberry Bombshell Lip Tint
- None of Your Beeswax Lip Balm
- Key Lime Pie Lip Balm
- Rose Lollipop Lip Balm
- Passion Fruit Lip Balm (alpha-isomethyl ionone)
- Buttered Brazils Lip Balm
- Popcorn Lip Scrub
- Mint Julips Lip Scrub
- Bubblegum Lip Scrub (alpha-isomethyl ionone).
- Five O'Clock Whistle Shaving Cream (EDTA)
- Veerappan Moustache Wax
- Jo Jo Hair Wax.
- R&B Hair Moisturiser (lilial)
- Superbalm Scalp Treatment
- No Drought Dry Shampoo (talc)
- Marron Henna
- Noir Henna
- Rouge Henna
- Brun Henna.
- Emotional Brilliance Face Powder (talc)
- Success Liquid Eyeliner (triethanolamine)
- Drive Lipstick (talc)
- Decisive Lipstick
- Charm Lipstick
- Believe Lipstick
- Ambition Lipstick
- Glamorous Lipstick
- Strong Lipstick
- Passionate Lipstick
- Bubbly Lipstick
- Vibrance Lipstick
- Perspective Lipstick
- Power Lipstick.
I haven't included any of the Gorilla perfumes in my list because they are all free from SLS and parabens. However, some do contain alpha-isomethyl ionone and other ingredients that may cause irritation, so let me know if you would like to see perfumes added to the list!